기본 콘텐츠로 건너뛰기

Still, it’s Chuseok


N-Seoul Tower
You are slowly walking up the stairs to the N-Seoul tower with warm sunlight. Stopping for a moment, when you turn around, you can see the whole view of Seoul. It looks like the city is in your small hand, and even touch the small houses from street to street. For every Chuseok, you stick on the road with lots of cars, but now you are watching those tiny ant-like cars from the mountain with a relaxed face.
Starting up the stairs again, you can hear the laughter of passing people: a woman who is taking a walk with her dog, a big family who took their grandparents and great-grand parents together to the mountain, and couples from various countries. You can feel various types of Chuseok nearby your skin.
One impressive family that you remember, while climbing up the stairs, is a family with a young boy who seems to be disabled. Even there are a hundred or more steps in front of them, they seem like the happiest family at that moment. You wonder how they could be happy that much, and just think that it will be really hard to climb up the stairs. Then, you hear their short conversation.

"Should we just take the cable-car from here, darling? Aren't you tired?"
"NOPE. I'm totally fine. I want to finish these stairs and watch the N-Seoul Tower just by myself. Without any vehicles, mom. This isn't a normal day. Right?"
"Haha. That's right. Let's go up. You can do it !!"

You finally realize what is the most important thing. Just spending time with your precious people, especially family. That's happiness, and that's Chuseok. 
You hold the Songpyeon, which you made last night, climbing up the endless stairs again and again.



Songpyeon that I made this Chuseok
On a scale from 1 to 10 in terms of a new atmosphere, I’d rate my Chuseok a 9. Since I was a very young kid, I visited my grandparents (my dad’s hometown) in Daegu for every single holiday like Chuseok, birthdays, and New Year’s Day. Every time I visit there, we should ride the car for 6 hours or more than that. For those 6 hours, all I can see are many cars struggling on the road together cars, cars, and just cars. Even if the air conditioner and the air purifier were on, it felt like no air was cycling.
However, this Chuseok is different. I am at the top of the mountain, no roads, no cars, just people and opened- blue sky. We still cooked some traditional food for Chuseok, but we did much less food than before. Just two types of pancakes, beef, and Songpyeon. Even with less food, it is still Chuseok, and still meaningful because I am spending time with my family, dog, and my grandparents in Seoul (my mom’s hometown).
I can still enjoy my holiday, with traditionality, and but with a different, new, free atmosphere instead of sticking on the road in traffic jams.



Walking back to the parking lot, you are walking up the stairs again with the bright moonlight. Compared to the last Chuseok, there are fewer family members who are enjoying Chuseok together this year since you didn’t visit Daegu. Still, the value of this holiday is the same as last year.
Spending time with precious people, eating delicious foods together, talking about each other’s daily life, and having an enjoyable time with family- the meaning and value of Chuseok and the annual holiday should be focused on those things. And actually, you feel that the way people and society spend holidays is changing in many ways culturally, and focusing on new values instead of just making many foods just for Charye (ancestral rites held early in the morning on New Year's Day and Chuseok). 
Climbing up the stairs, you see a happy and harmonious family, the other family who are making a wish to the full moon, and a family who talk together and play games. By meeting lots of families spending holidays in their own way, you know that even if the way they spend the time is different, today is Chuseok for everyone.










댓글

  1. This is an excellent post in terms of content and design, and I recall telling you guys you could get bonus points if you made the edits I indicated on paper on the blog in terms of grammar etc. Don't overlook those opportunities! All in all, enjoyable read.

    답글삭제

댓글 쓰기

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

"The Lady with the dog" by Anton Chekhov-- What is love?--

Rating: 8.5 out of 10   <The Lady with the dog> was a story of love between Dmitri Gurov and the lady with the dog, whose name is Anna Sergeyevna. Dmitri and Anna were both married and they each had wife and husband. At first, Dmitri Gurov thought that women were "the lower race" and weren't interested in the lady with the dog. Different from other love stories, they didn't fall in love at first sight. However, as they get together for about one week, they became close to each other. They fell in love and their emotions grew bigger and bigger, but Anna fears that she has lost Dmitri's respect and decided to leave him. However, they meet again later in Moscow, and confirm their mind and confesses their love for each other. After that, Anna decided to visit Moscow to see Dmitri, but she still thinks that it is uncomfortable to lie continuously. However, Dmitri is perfectly happy with doing thing what he wants, with the lady whom he loves. The story has an

My Lollipop Moment

So, what's your lollipop moment? When we hear this question, we might think that what she is talking about. In a TED talk, "Everyday Leadership" by Drew Dudley, he talks about the 'Lollipop moment." Lollipop moment is the moment that you can inspire someone and make their life better. He says that leadership should have the same meaning as this 'lollipop moment.' This could be a big thing or rather be a small step for somebody. After listening to his TED talk, I've wondered if I had a lollipop moment in my life. As I reminiscence my life, I couldn't remember if I received such a lollipop moment for someone. Maybe I did, but I've never heard from others that I gave them a lollipop moment yet. So, I started to think of if I got the lollipop moment from somebody. Then, one memory suddenly came up in my mind. This moment might seem like the lollipop moment that I gave to him, but I think it was the moment I got the lollipop from him. One

Part of my world

Wanderin' free Wish I could be Part of that world [ ♪ Part of your world  ♪ ] I was a little girl who extremely loved the Little Mermaid, Ariel, the princess from the Disney film. That young girl saw the play <The Little Mermaid> in Disney land, 7 times without any movement. The girl grew up and still has the phone case of Ariel.  And as you may think of, the young girl is me, Seyoung Lee. So now, I want to tell you about what's in part of my world. L eaving from my hometown in Mokdong, it has been about 1 year and a half staying as a student of KMLA. As I stay here, in KMLA, I could think over again about who am I, and the things I like. I believe those things what I like, what I am interested in, can explain myself better than just introducing myself with the normal information. I like movies, music- including playing musical instruments. As I mentioned before, the movie <The Little Mermaid> is the first movie that I was really into it. After thi