기본 콘텐츠로 건너뛰기

IMHO: In matters of freedom, ranging from assisted suicide to abortion, governments have zero rights to interfere


Assisted suicide to abortion, governments have no rights to interfere but have the rights to set the exact policies and systems for people to guarantee their rights safely. Assisted suicide and abortion is directly related to ‘life and death’ so it is not easy to assure that what is right or wrong. As society gradually changes, a new set of values to die while maintaining the identity and dignity of life has appeared. Also by the increasing rate of sexual harassment and the neonatal abandonment, people started to argue that abortion should be considered as another right to freedom, not illegal actions. 
Some argue that abortion or euthanasia methods are feared to be abused, and would rather undermine the dignity of life. The moment abortion and euthanasia are legalized, human beings themselves will be given the right to decide death, then the notion of death and the boundary between life and death will rather shrink. Then which side should the government support?
Despite the worries of abusement, I believe that every people has a right of freedom to choose what they want to do, and the term ‘right of freedom’ will also include abortion and assisted suicide. The government should not interfere with the right of freedom of abortion and assisted suicide, however, they should set the policies and such systems that prevent people from abusing the actions under the name of freedom. It's because abortion and assisted suicide can become a tool to accomplish the value of dying and dignity of life, nevertheless, it can also become a mean to kill such precious life in a single decision. Governments should not be the wall for people to make their own choices, however, they should be the wall that blocks the abuse and an irresponsible attitude toward life.

abortion에 대한 이미지 검색결과assisted suicide에 대한 이미지 검색결과


댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

"The Lady with the dog" by Anton Chekhov-- What is love?--

Rating: 8.5 out of 10   <The Lady with the dog> was a story of love between Dmitri Gurov and the lady with the dog, whose name is Anna Sergeyevna. Dmitri and Anna were both married and they each had wife and husband. At first, Dmitri Gurov thought that women were "the lower race" and weren't interested in the lady with the dog. Different from other love stories, they didn't fall in love at first sight. However, as they get together for about one week, they became close to each other. They fell in love and their emotions grew bigger and bigger, but Anna fears that she has lost Dmitri's respect and decided to leave him. However, they meet again later in Moscow, and confirm their mind and confesses their love for each other. After that, Anna decided to visit Moscow to see Dmitri, but she still thinks that it is uncomfortable to lie continuously. However, Dmitri is perfectly happy with doing thing what he wants, with the lady whom he loves. The story has an

My Lollipop Moment

So, what's your lollipop moment? When we hear this question, we might think that what she is talking about. In a TED talk, "Everyday Leadership" by Drew Dudley, he talks about the 'Lollipop moment." Lollipop moment is the moment that you can inspire someone and make their life better. He says that leadership should have the same meaning as this 'lollipop moment.' This could be a big thing or rather be a small step for somebody. After listening to his TED talk, I've wondered if I had a lollipop moment in my life. As I reminiscence my life, I couldn't remember if I received such a lollipop moment for someone. Maybe I did, but I've never heard from others that I gave them a lollipop moment yet. So, I started to think of if I got the lollipop moment from somebody. Then, one memory suddenly came up in my mind. This moment might seem like the lollipop moment that I gave to him, but I think it was the moment I got the lollipop from him. One

Part of my world

Wanderin' free Wish I could be Part of that world [ ♪ Part of your world  ♪ ] I was a little girl who extremely loved the Little Mermaid, Ariel, the princess from the Disney film. That young girl saw the play <The Little Mermaid> in Disney land, 7 times without any movement. The girl grew up and still has the phone case of Ariel.  And as you may think of, the young girl is me, Seyoung Lee. So now, I want to tell you about what's in part of my world. L eaving from my hometown in Mokdong, it has been about 1 year and a half staying as a student of KMLA. As I stay here, in KMLA, I could think over again about who am I, and the things I like. I believe those things what I like, what I am interested in, can explain myself better than just introducing myself with the normal information. I like movies, music- including playing musical instruments. As I mentioned before, the movie <The Little Mermaid> is the first movie that I was really into it. After thi